Monday, August 30, 2010

The majestic view of Taipei city

Taipei, the political and financial center of Taiwan, is the island's most populous city. Taipei originated as a small trading port over two hundred years ago before becoming the administrative capital under the Qing Dynasty. During the last few decades there has been tremendous growth in the city. Now a sprawling metropolis, Taipei is an ideal place to visit for those who love the hustle and bustle of the big city.


                     You can see here the Cable car in Taichung city (credit from Noel Aguda).



October 28, 1999 when I  arrived in Taiwan. Everything is new for me because first and foremost, their language (Cantonese, Mandarin etc.) is totally different to our native dialect. I was astound with the beauty of this small country. The multistory buildings, the principal roads that connect the city, the lights, the no-traffic, good food, a selections of bar and restaurant specifically well known the Universal Studio, TGIF and Hard rock cafe wherein, I celebrated my birthday with my closed friends. And a Chinese cuisine you are absolutely craved.

Working to extraterritorial country would require lots of adjustments. You learned to be persistence, friendly, well oriented, physically fit to work, observer and vigilant to your surroundings. I learned how to become independent since I grew up to a hard up family. Doing a laundry, grocery shopping and cooking. Homesickness force me to be more strong to contest.

During my stay in this country, I found out that fellow Filipinos are very warmth. They count you in as a family member. Help you in anyway they could possibly be in terms of financial and spiritual aspects. I have a circle of friends ready to look after and defend me in any situation. They are my treasure.



                                                        Taken June 7, 2001



I remembered a lot of things good and bad and I knew it was part of growing up and learning process. As an OFW, we kept our credibility that the Chinese would appreciates. But There's a status quo you can't avoid like what happened to me. He's a Filipino who wanted to be my superior in his actions and commands. He commanded me as if he owns the company. And yet, a very closed friend of mine were all compassionate and ready to defend me. Alas, this man gone out of my way since then.

Friends as they always say may come and go but the memories in our hearts remained- forever. It's not easy for me after all to undertake a task and leave those moments in my life, but I need to travel back to my home country. A memory in Taiwan is simply the best that will last not just today but forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment